Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary Goa Entry Fee
- 50 per person for Adults
- 20 per person for Children
- 50 per person for Foreigners
- 25 for Still Camera
- 100 for Video Camera
Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary Goa Parking Fee
- 25 for Two Wheeler
- 40 for Three Wheeler
- 75 for 4 Wheeler
Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary Goa Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 18 reviews
Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary Goa Address: Usgao-Ganjem VP, Goa, 403105, India
Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary is a hidden gem, surrounded by lush green forests and rolling hills. This small wildlife zoo and resort is a perfect escape from the bustling tourist destinations in Goa. A trip to Bondla brings a refreshing change from city life.
It’s home to a diverse range of flora and fauna, making it a nature lover’s paradise. The location of Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary is such that it will soothe your mood and rejuvenate the body.
You can spend quality moments with the animals, watch the birds during a nature trail, or do some wildlife photography. In the evening, you can relax in one of the forest camps prepared for your stay.
Besides housing diverse wildlife, Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary is also home to animals injured in different human-wildlife conflicts. It’s one of the safest breeding places for animals and it encourages research activities as well.
Rich wildlife, stunning scenery and adventure activities make Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary the perfect destination for everyone. You’ll experience the best of Goa’s natural beauty here.
Where is Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary in Goa?
Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary is in North Goa, near Ponda. It’s a small wildlife park, more like a jungle resort, sprawled across eight sq. km. The wildlife sanctuary also has a Nature Education Centre, Deer Park and botanical gardens.
Things to do at Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary
1. Exploring the zoological park – Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary North Goa has a wide variety of animals, like crocodiles, bison and porcupines. It also has the Indian Boar and the Bengal Tiger. Apart from the animals, you can see snakes like Indian cobras, pythons and vipers, and birds such as peacocks, hornbills and woodpeckers.
2. Trekking down the nature trails – Trekking and hiking are the highlights of a Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary tour. It has loads of jungle trails to indulge in bird-watching or animal sightings. These nature trails let you experience the life of the sanctuary. You can also climb on the watchtowers for a panoramic view.
3. Resting in the gardens – Apart from trekking and exploring the wildlife, you can rest in the beautifully laid-out gardens. Spacious lawns and gardens, surrounded by exotic trees, create a calming environment in the middle of the forest. Do carry a camera to capture the greenery.
4. Learning about animal life – The wildlife sanctuary also has an education center with numerous plant and animal exhibits, and a well-stocked library. It has a rescue and rehabilitation center, too. It’s a great place to bond with animals.
5. Enjoying an overnight stay – Goa Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary has a resort for overnight stays. Book a cottage in the sanctuary and wake up to the sound of birds chirping and deer roaming around. The rooms are equipped with modern amenities offering you a comfortable stay. A stay in the wilderness can be a thrilling and refreshing experience.
Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary Entry Fee and Timings
The entry fee to Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary is ₹50 for adults and ₹20 for kids. For foreigners, the entry fee is ₹50. If you’re taking a DSLR or video camera along, they’re charged extra at ₹25 for a still camera and ₹100 for video camera. Car and bike parking charges in Bondla Wildlife Zoo Goa are also additional.
It’s closed on Mondays and public holidays. For other days, Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary timings are from 9 AM to 5 PM.
The best time to visit Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary is during the winter months, from November to February. It takes only a little over an hour to explore the sanctuary. Schedule your visit in the afternoon to enjoy the best.
The monsoon season (July – August) is also one of the best times to visit.
Things to keep in mind while visiting Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary
- Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary Goa is a no-plastic zone.
- Do not disturb the animals in the sanctuary.
- Wear light clothes.
- Pack a sweater (for overnight stays).
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Carry sufficient water while trekking.
- Keep your camera handy.
How to reach Goa Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary?
Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary is in North Goa. It’s about 40 km from Madgaon railway station and 33 km from Margao bus terminal. From Goa international airport in Dabolim, the sanctuary is 56 km away.
And here’s how to reach Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary in Goa –
By bike – Renting a bike is the best way to explore Goa and this zoo. Rental bikes are available for hourly hires in many areas of Goa. The road to the wildlife sanctuary has abundant greenery, and you can safely ride to the place feeling the cool breeze.
By taxi/cab – Hiring a cab or taxi is the most comfortable way to visit Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary. You can hire a cab from the top car rental companies in Goa for your entire stay and enjoy a fascinating trip to the sanctuary. They’re a convenient option if you want to explore and stay overnight amidst the animals in Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary.
Make the most of your vacation in Goa by booking a Goa tour package with us. Goa Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, is here to help you make your vacation a truly memorable one with its variety of packages catering to diverse clientele. Please fill the Contact Us form to know more.