Arvalem Waterfall Goa Entry Fee
- No entry fee
Arvalem Waterfall Goa Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 28 reviews
Arvalem Waterfall Goa Address: Rudreshwar Colony, Sanquelim, Goa, 403505, India
Surrender yourself to the picturesque beauty at the Arvalem Waterfall in Goa. Also referred to as Harvalem Waterfall, the Arvalem Waterfall is a natural wonder that offers a serene and refreshing escape from the bustling coastal areas of this popular tourist destination in India. It is nestled amidst the verdant landscapes of the Western Ghats and boasts a kind of charm that will surely leave you enthralled for many days.
The waterfall originates from the Arvalem Stream, which flows through the rocky terrain and plummets down from a height of approximately 50 feet, creating a mesmerizing cascade of water. As the water crashes into the pool below, it forms a natural pool where visitors can simply enjoy the soothing sounds and mist generated by the waterfall.
Its surrounding is adorned with lush greenery and tall trees, providing a serene ambiance and shade from the tropical sun. The entire setting is a treat for nature enthusiasts and photographers, offering ample opportunities to capture the beauty of the waterfall and its surroundings.
Overall, Arvalem Waterfall in Goa is a tranquil retreat amidst nature's splendor, offering a perfect blend of natural beauty, cultural significance, and a peaceful atmosphere. It's a must-visit destination in Goa for anyone seeking to spend some ME time here.
Things to do at Arvalem Waterfall, Goa
1. Enjoy the Scenic Beauty: Take in the breathtaking views of the waterfall and its surrounding lush greenery. Marvel at the cascading water and immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the area.
2. Picnic: Pack a picnic basket and enjoy a leisurely meal amidst the serene surroundings of Arvalem Waterfall. There are designated picnic areas where you can relax, have snacks, and soak in the atmosphere.
3. Swimming: Depending on the water flow and safety conditions, you may be able to take a refreshing dip in the natural pool formed at the base of the waterfall. However, always exercise caution and swim only in designated areas.
4. Trekking and Hiking: If you're an adventure enthusiast, explore the nearby trails and embark on a trek or hike through the surrounding forests. Enjoy the natural trails and discover hidden gems along the way.
5. Photography: Capture the picturesque scenery and create lasting memories by taking photographs of the waterfall. Experiment with different angles and settings to get the perfect shot.
6. Relax and Meditate: Find a peaceful spot near the waterfall, sit back, and unwind. The sound of cascading water and the tranquil atmosphere makes it an ideal place for relaxation, meditation, or simply connecting with nature.
7. Visit the Arvalem Caves: Located in close proximity to the waterfall, the Arvalem Caves are ancient rock-cut caves of historical significance. Explore the caves, marvel at their architecture, and learn about their cultural and historical importance.
8. Head to the Rudreshwar Temple: Another nearby attraction is the Rudreshwar Temple, also known as the Harvalem Temple. Pay a visit to this ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and admire its intricate architecture and serene ambiance.
9. Wildlife Spotting: Keep an eye out for the diverse flora and fauna that inhabit the area surrounding the waterfall. Goa's Western Ghats region is known for its rich biodiversity, so you might spot various species of birds, butterflies, and other wildlife.
Entry Fee and Timings of Arvalem Waterfall, Goa
There is no entry fee to soak in the pristine beauty of the Arvalem Waterfall. It can be explored at any time between 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM throughout the day.
Travel Tips for Arvalem Waterfall, Goa
- The area around the waterfall may not have extensive facilities, so it is better to carry essential items such as drinking water, snacks, and sunscreen. There may be limited food and drink options nearby, hence be prepared.
- Wear comfortable clothes to enjoy your visit to the fullest. Also, make sure to keep a raincoat along with an umbrella and waterproof goggles with you. You never know when it will start raining in Goa.
- Take necessary precautions while walking near the waterfall as the rocks might be slippery. It's advisable to wear appropriate footwear and be cautious of your surroundings.
- Arvalem Waterfall offers picturesque views, so don't forget to bring your camera or smartphone for capturing beautiful moments. However, make sure to respect the surroundings and avoid any activity that could harm the environment or disturb other visitors.
- It is important to maintain the cleanliness and serenity of the waterfall. Avoid littering and use designated trash bins. Leave nothing behind except your footprints.
Best Time to Visit the Arvalem Waterfall, Goa
The best time to visit the Arvalem Waterfall is during the monsoon season, which typically runs from June to September in Goa. This is when the waterfall is at its fullest and most impressive, as it receives abundant rainfall during this time.
Visiting the waterfall during the monsoon season allows you to witness the cascading waters in their full glory, surrounded by lush greenery. The increased water flow adds to the overall beauty and experience of the waterfall. However, it's essential to note that during heavy rainfall, the waterfall area might be closed for safety reasons.
If you prefer to visit during a drier period, you can consider going in the winter months (November to February) when the weather is pleasant, and the water flow is relatively less. This can be a good option if you want to avoid crowds and have a quieter experience.
How to Reach Arvalem Waterfall, Goa?
In Goa, the Arvalem Waterfall can be accessed by public transportation. You can take a bus from Panaji or Mapusa to Bicholim. From Bicholim, hire an auto-rickshaw or taxi from the list of top car rental companies in Goa to take you to Arvalem Waterfall. The distance is about 9 km, and it should take around 20 minutes to cover the required distance.
In case you’re coming via a private vehicle, you can use GPS navigation or Google Maps to guide you directly to Arvalem Waterfall. The waterfall is located near the village of Sanquelim in North Goa.
Once you arrive at the waterfall area, you will find parking facilities available. From there, you can walk a short distance to reach the viewpoint of the waterfall. It's always a good idea to check the local weather conditions and road conditions before traveling to ensure a smooth journey.
Book an all-inclusive Goa tour package with us to have the best time of your life in Goa. We at Goa Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, are a reputed tours and travel company that has years of experience in planning trips for a diverse clientele.
Our team of experts ensures to look after your holiday requirements first and present a Goa tour package accordingly. Depending on your mood, you can either choose from our pre-designed packages or get them customized as per your needs. Please fill out the Contact Us form to get in touch with us.